Friday, April 4, 2008

Stuff We Like: The Trout

As far as musical tastes are concerned, ours don't always overlap 100%. Karine does not enjoy Lamb of God, my favorite heavy metal band. I like Karine's favorite artist, Bright Eyes, but I can only listen to him about once a month. There is simply no disagreement when it comes to the Trout. We love the Trout. We like to listen to the Trout in the morning, while sipping coffee and eating toast on the front porch. We know that any day that begins with the Trout is going to be a great day.

This legendary 1969 performance of the fourth movement features Daniel Barenboim, Zubin Mehta, Itzhak Perlman, Jacqueline Du Pre, and Pinchas Zuckerman. Cellist Jacqueline Du Pre was just 24 years old. Her instrument for this recording, the Davidov Stradivarius, was purchased for several million dollars by the Vuitton Foundation upon Du Pre's death in 1987. The cello is currently on loan to Yo-Yo Ma.

The Trout Quintet was written by Franz Schubert in 1819. Enjoy!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Holy cow I had no idea you were keeping up with this blog... where have I been. Karine shoot me and message sometime so we can catch up. Nicky