Monday, June 23, 2008

The Dome Revisted

Karine accused me of being a bit of a Negative Nancy for my post last night about the Metrodome. I want to make a couple of clarifying remarks before we set off on our adventures today. I love baseball. I love the Minnesota Twins. I especially love enjoying both of those things with Karine's family. But the silliness of the Dome is undeniable. Minneapolis, a city with the most gorgeous summer weather in the country, forces its beloved team to play baseball inside a giant dirty marshmallow. Its a real bummer.

But not forever. In 2010 we have this to look forward to. $544.4 million dollars worth of outside baseball awesomeness. We can't wait.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tom, at 30, you can now be fully honest! My Tom has just found that out, and Karine...watch out! How can we get a hold of you this summer to get together?

Megan said...

dude, i am from chicago and going to see the twins is a total bummer. indoors. yucky. outdoors, YAY!!! in a few tears we will enjoy baseball under the sun. and it will be great.