Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Happy Birthday Dad!

It's my dad's birthday today! I wasn't able to get to a phone yet to call, so this is my official proclamation to the world- Happy Birthday Dad!

We both spent a bunch of time in our respective classrooms today. I spent time unlocking cabinets and sorting books. Each of my students will have a cubby to keep their textbooks and school supplies in. I've already sorted out each student's textbooks, and they will each have a number assigned to them. Their number is inside of each book. Pretty simple huh?


I was also excited to see that my classroom has a loft that I will use as a reading corner. I'm looking for some bookshelves to house all of the books in the 4th grade classroom library.


Tom wants to get his library more set up before we post any pictures of his space.

We went for dinner tonight to the Expatriates Bar here in La Ceiba. We were intrigued when our chips and salsa appetizer came. We had homemade tortilla chips alright, but the salsa wasn't what we expected. The Spanish translation for salsa is "sauce". So our chips were served with a white "sauce" that tasted very much like ranch dressing! Oh well. We added a bit of hot sauce to the "salsa" and that spiced it up a bit. Not too bad! The rest of dinner was pretty tasty though.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that wasn't ranch.

i think it probably came from a bull, though. they do that there, right?

Fit Starseed said...

Thats great i didnt know that you guys were teachers.. how did you become teachers in honduras. is it the same as becoming a teacher in the U.S.? let me know cause im intrestead and since it seams like i will be moving to honduras i think it willbe great to teach kids there