Thursday, August 30, 2007

Tom's Book Corner #1

Hello everyone. I am a librarian now, so I guess one of my responsibilities is to recommend books. Well, the first book I read down here is Gabriel Garcia Marquez's "Love in the Time of Cholera"

Its a real wang doozey. It takes place in a fictional country that could very well be Honduras and is, I suppose, one of the greatest love stories written in any language. Its a romance that spans eighty years. It features deadly parrots, several suicides, and man who wears a mustache protector when he sleeps. It is a throughly heartbreaking and inspiring story of LOVE, Latin-American style.

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

As a fellow librarian, I just have to say nice choice. I loved this book. Let me know if you're starting an international book club.

chicadedios25 said...

Very nice choice-and now a very famous movie here in the states.