Friday, October 26, 2007

Another week!

It's been another busy week for the Lewandowskis. A happy belated birthday to my mom and Kristin! The days are flying by so quickly that I hardly realize what day it is until it's too late.

United Nations Day at school on Wednesday was a success. We had students dressed up from several continents around the world. One thing I learned is that Honduran Estudios Sociales (Honduran Social Studies curriculum as dictated by the Ministry of Education) only recognizes 6 continents. Here, there is no such thing as North America and South America. The continent that is home to Canada, the U.S., Mexico, Honduras, Argentina, and Brazil is known simply as America. So in the picture below, you'll see the parade in our school gym of students from the continent of America! Lots of cowboys, traditional Honduran and Guatemalan dresses, and a few futbol players from Brazil. Tom and I dressed up from the continent of Asia. I knew that I had moved my traditional Chinese silk outfit down here for a reason! Thanks Matt A. for the perfect gift of the Kung Fu shirt- Tom and I matched perfectly... (Ruby came from Germany- "her people")



As our friends with children share their stories of their babies discovering their feet and putting them in their mouths, we do have our own "baby story" to report. We are happy to report that Ruby has discovered her tail. It's her favorite toy. It's difficult to capture it on "film", but here you can see her playing with her new favorite toy.

Tonight, I'm sitting at home watching the CRILATON 2007 on TV. Crilaton is La Ceiba's version of the Jerry Lewis telethon. It's a pretty big deal here. Tom will be making his television debut tonight at 8:50. As he's been playing around town with a couple different groups, he's making a name for himself! We can't get our vcr working yet, but I'm going to take pictures of the tv screen. (Just added!)


And here's a video of Tom and Jason singing "Hey Ya" on Honduran National TV!

Tomorrow morning, we're heading to Trujillo, a town about 2 1/2 hours east of La Ceiba. Our friends work for an orphanage. It's a small family-style orphanage on a beautiful beach. It's been rainy and cool here the past few days, but we're excited to get out of town anyway. Ruby is coming too- we're renting a pickup and spending the night in a little resort just down the beach from the orphanage.

That's all for now... Going to look for my husband on tv!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Bemidji Tom (and famous publicist Karine) Fan Club says, "Rock On."

KarenLew said...

That was a wonderful shot of the bass I paid for and that Anne sacrificed a car for. From my perspective, it was worth the investment. To think that the little boy,who carried "Big Bertha" home on his back is now a television star. .

Anonymous said...

Tom-

I have been waiting so long for you to become famous. A dream come true.... The kids liked seeing their uncle on T.V.!

Love, Anne

Kristin and Peter said...

Congrats on your Honduran TV debut, Tom!

KarenLew said...

Oh my gosh! I identity has been stolen by my own mother...scary. Well, this is the "real" karenlew writing to say that you look really great on TV Tom. And Karine, I love reading your lines but I truely think that its time for you to get behind the camera...Tom is getting all of the face time (first the news report, now live TV). If you could sing us a little jingle, I would be satisfied! love Karen

Casey and Tom said...

Very fun!