Saturday, January 5, 2008

Roatan Part II



So, we had so much fun with my family out on Roatan that Tom and I decided to go back right away! We went out there to do our Open Water Scuba certification. After 5 days of wind and rain, Tom and I have passed the written test, and cleared our masks and breathed underwater in a tiny swimming pool. We have not yet done any of this in the sea. Some may call us wimps, but we decided to leave and try some other weekend. All flights and ferries leaving Roatan had been cancelled for the past 2 days because of the weather, and we were excited to learn that the ferry back to La Ceiba was going to start up again today at 2. We got on the boat, and took it as a sign of things to come when the boat guy passed out barf bags to every passenger. Luckily, my brother had left us with some Drammamine and it helped us survive the rough ride in much better shape than some other unfortunate passangers.
We're glad to be home and having fun thinking of the places we might go next... It's such an andventure!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad I could give you such a great Christmas gift!

KarenLew said...

Sounds like a blast!