Sunday, January 13, 2008

Tom's Favorite Photos

Karine did a great job recapping the action with words. I am sort of lazy, so I just want to post some of my favorite photos....


I know that a lot of our friends and family have been like -- how are things going with Tom's mustache? Well, here we are relaxing together at the San Jose Cathedral Ruins in Antigua. I am not sleeping, just blinded by the sun.


This super cute picture of Karine was taken at a pizza place in Antigua. While we were there we saw a couple of guys come in and check their handguns. I don't know if they were banditos or just a couple of guys who like to walk around with guns in their pants.

There are so many beautiful things to take pictures of in Antigua. But pictures of buildings can be kind of boring, so I always encourage Karine to get right in there with the 500 year old architecture...


Antigua is such a beautiful city. Even the trash cans are attractive. Sometimes I feel like we don't even have trashcans in Honduras. If you didn't guess, the Spanish word for trashcan is BASUERO.


I really liked the bathroom at the pizza place we went to in Antigua. So I took a couple pictures of my mustache in the mirror.

I am pretty sure that this is a picture of ancient toilet ruins protected by barbed wire. This is where monks had their private moments in the 16th century. Now this nice toilet is off limits to the public. I had to go too.

Here are a couple of my favorite lava pictures.



Sunset. Lava. Dog.
Last picture. Antigua is full of beautiful fountains. Here is the fountain from the central square. It has water shooting out of boobs. Karine told me that it was okay that I say that.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tom and Karine, I loved seeing the pictures of your vacation. What wonderful experiences you are having. I am glad you are so proud of your mustache. Are you going to be wearing it at the wedding?

Love Mom in Omaha

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing. We love learning about your world.

KarenLew said...

Nice pics! Karine, is that my fleece you are wearing...it's cool, if you could wrap that up and give it to me as a wedding gift i will let you stay my sister! :)

Kristin and Peter said...

Loving the mustache, Tom!

Laura Helferich said...

Hi guys! You are having soo much fun - I love checking in on you!! I may have to convince Brad to come and visit you guys before you are back!!