Thursday, August 26, 2010

Twins Update 28 Weeks

Happy Babies!
I went in to the doctor for my 28 week appointment today. (For those who are out of the loop on pregnancy talk, 40 weeks is considered a full term with a single baby, and 37 or so is considered full term for twins. If the babies aren't already here naturally by 38 weeks, my doctor will induce me at that point- which would be around Nov. 8. The countdown is on! Only about 9 more weeks to go!

The twins are looking great! Both are in a head down position. They are face to face and the entire right side of my belly is filled with a whole mess of arms and legs. I probably could have told everyone this without seeing the ultrasound because that side of my body is in constant motion. Baby Brother (the baby labeled A) is around 2 lbs 8 oz and Baby Sister (labeled B in ultrasound pics) is around 2 lbs. 6 oz. Both are growing nicely and appear to be right on track.

My doctor tells me that I'm doing very well with this pregnancy and my body is not showing any signs of extra stress or anything that would cause concern. This is always a question we ask him because as a mother of an 18 month old, I'm constantly chasing, catching, and picking Zeke up for kisses and snuggles. I manage to rest with my feet up for awhile every day while Zeke naps, so I will continue to do that. In the meantime, I'm relieved that bedrest and limitations are not a part of my pregnancy right now.

This week, we were able to get a few pictures of the babies' faces in 3-D! We were amazed to see how similar they look to Zeke in a third trimester 3-D ultrasound picture. I think we'll have some family look-alikes. Enjoy the pictures!

Baby Sister

Baby Brother

4 comments:

Papa said...

wow!! I couldn't be any happier for you, lots of love to all.

Anonymous said...

What darling babies!! Congratulations to all of you! Aunt Joani

Live Simply Love Strongly said...

Great to hear that everything is going well!

Althea said...

I am so very excited for your growing family! Can't wait to see the newbies out in the open world.
Will they be BORN with RADitude, or is that something that needs developing?