Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Odds and Ends: exploding air-conditioners, ect.

For those of you who have already contributed to the scholarship fund and are saying to yourselves, come on guys, talk about something besides sending a deserving and extremely cute little girl to a school where the teachers actually teach.

For those of you who have not yet contributed to send a very charming and utterly adorable little girl to a school where the teachers actually teach please consider doing so today. It will feel good. And you’ll be changing someone’s life. With ten dollars.

Here’s what is going on with us:

**We will be parting ways with our household goods next Monday.

**The air-conditioner in our room started spewing water at us last night at about ten. The water was very cold. We turned it off and thought maybe we’ll just suffer through the heat because our ceiling fan is squeaky. Ten minutes later I turned the ceiling fan on. Ten minutes after that I squirted it’s innards down with WD-40. Except I used too much. And the spinning fan started spraying lubricant all over the bed and Karine and some of it landed on my bald head. And it still squeaked. So we moved our mattress into the living room and slept for about four minutes before Zeke woke up crying and every dog in the neighborhood too. It was pretty fun.

**We’re going to miss our students when we leave. Karine says she’s going to miss working in a professional environment while she’s home with the twins and Zeke. I said I am a professional environment.

**I applied for a job over the weekend, but my application was rejected because my undergraduate degree is in English rather than communications. I always thought communications was a major for English majors who couldn’t write. Guess I was wrong. It’s a major for English majors who can’t write and want to get jobs.

No comments: