Sunday, December 14, 2008

Ruby: Super Number One Yard Helper

As Karine mentioned, we've been doing a little landscaping in the backyard. I cut a nasty tree out last week. It was really ugly. I don't even want to call it a tree. It looks better as a pile of leaves and sticks in the garden than it did growing out of the ground. Today, with some help from the dog, I removed the stump.

My dad always told me to use the right tool for the right job. In Honduras, there's really only one tool you could possibly consider for a job like this. Ax? Wrong tool. Bow saw? Wrong tool. Chainsaw? Definitely, wrong tool. Machete? You betcha. A German shepherd comes in pretty handy, too.



1 comment:

Andy HoboTraveler.com said...

The Machete is a great tool, I am always amazed when Gringos go to other countries and refuse to adapt. This is good, the machete is truly a good yard tool. It is culturally possible to evaluate local culture by looking at their machete. When a person keeps their machete sharp and free of rust it tells me something about the person. Thanks from Andy in HoboTraveler.com in Guatemala Travel Blog and Hotels