Friday, November 12, 2010

Family Pictures

Here are some of our newest family pictures...

Meet Ezra Allan Lewandowski. He seems to be the most laid back of our three kids. We think he's the sensitive artistic type.

Meet Zadie Anne Lewandowski. This little firecracker seems to get her good looks from her mom's side of the family.

This is Zeke, aka, the Best Big Brother ever. Now, every morning when he wakes up, instead of his first word being "Mommy" (or "Momby" as he has taken to calling me), his first word is "babies???" He loves helping to look for his brother and sister's blankets, watching them eat and get diapers changed. Zeke always alerts us with a very concerned look on his face if one of the babies is crying.

Meet Super Dad. Tom has been right there along side of me every step of the way. Nights have been short (or long, depending on how you look at it) but Tom is right there next to me, helping to soothe his son and daughter.

I thought that this picture showed a particularly tender moment. I've never had a daughter before. She even kind of looks like me- which is so different than we've ever had with Zeke. It's pretty neat to think about all the girly things we'll do someday.

These wonderful grandparents, Nana and Papa, traveled from Arkansas to spend the past two weeks helping us prepare for the arrival of Zadie and Ezra. They provided countless hours of loving care for Zeke, prepared meals and kept the house well stocked with all sorts of goodies. I can't imagine how we would have survived without them during the past two weeks. It was certainly a special time. Here they are meeting their newest grandchildren!

And here is Grandma Jean. She came to the hospital to meet Zadie and Ezra on their birthday(s?) Grandma Jean has been working so hard after her hip replacement to be up and about again soon. While we're so glad that she's been able to make such amazing progress, we're excited to have her around the house again soon! Her arms are just perfect for rocking these two babies.

And this is our first official family picture. It took 3 days to find a time where we were all awake at the same time (and not in our pjs) But here we are!
Now I'm going to try to get a little shut-eye while I can. I know people are anxious for pics and updates. I promise to post more as things begin to settle down a bit.

6 comments:

Laura and Joe said...

I love the pics! We are so happy for you guys. I love the family pic, I am glad to see that the bouncer is being put to good use (yes, I can see it under the blanket :)) I hope you continue to get more and more sleep. Enjoy the babies. I hope we can come and see them soon.

Anonymous said...

Adorable!
Great Aunt Carole

Lindsey said...

Love the new blog. I can imagine life is pretty crazy right now, you guys are in our thoughts. Wish you were here to live this crazy life with us :)

Althea said...

Karine, she looks just like you!
Your family is beautiful and blessed.
I a about to pee my pants with happiness for you FIVE!!!

Kristin and Peter said...

This post brought tears to my eyes! I love the new family of five picture. Those babies look so tiny - but it won't be long until they are crawling around and stealing Zeke's toys!Congrats again to a beautiful family:)

Amber said...

Oh, I have to dry my eyes! You all look absolutely fantastic and those babies are so beautiful. Can't wait to see more of all of you.