Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Do you have any idea what you are talking about?

This is the question which may be percolating at desktop and laptop computers and near Blackberry-type handheld devices throughout North America. I understand. And I understand why.

Someone out there is saying: How could you not know whether your understanding of a word’s proper usage was developed on two different continents or three? What kind of person doesn't know what continent they are on when they make a major lexical breakthrough?

An apology by way of confession: Sometimes I am unsure whether or not I am currently situated on the North American continent. So to answer your question. I would like to think that I generally know what I am talking about. I sometimes do not know where I am talking about.

No comments: