Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Roald Dahl: Writing Hut

Fifth graders at our school are crazy about Roald Dahl, as well they should be. His imaginative fiction is memorable and sweet, perfect for kids not quite jaded enough to scoff at rivers of chocolate and Umpa Lumpas. Additionally, Roald Dahl was a spy. I spend a fair amount of time talking about Dalh and directing kids toward his books, which I know they will enjoy.

Just when I thought Roald Dahl couldn't get any cooler, I discover that he wrote all of his novels for children in a little tiny shack tucked into a corner the garden behind his house. He never permitted anyone besides himself to enter and he never swept the floor.


Roald Dahl. Even more awesome than I previously thought.

You can take a virtual tour of the writing hut at the Roald Dahl History and Story Centre.

No comments: